Have you ever felt a sense of magic with plants?
Or thought you heard a whisper or caught a glimpse of something exceptional in nature?
Plants do actually communicate, and what they have to say can help to heal not only your body, but your spirit as well.
Introducing a new 2 day intensive workshop…
Healing with the Spirit of Herbs
A 2 day intensive for those who want to deepen their spiritual connection to the healing power of medicinal herbs
~ Pacific Spirit Park ~
~ Thurs/Fri July 6/7, 2017 ~
You know that herbal medicines work to heal the body. Their healing power is unmistakable, from first aid to serious illnesses. These remedies have been provided by Mother Earth to heal us since the beginning of humanity. (heck, even animals use plants as medicines.) Plants offer us food, clothing, shelter and healing.
You may already have a sense of a deeper healing plants can offer. You’ve felt the soothing effects of nature at some point when you were walking in the woods. I’m sure of it.
You don’t need to be a super sensitive psychic-type person to feel it. You were born with the skills you need to tune into nature – we all were – because you are nature (it’s just that you’ve forgotten a little).
And you’ve likely heard stories about how indigenous peoples from around the globe have relationships with nature spirits (rocks, animals, plants, etc). Science, on the other hand, tells us that there is no “spirit”, that plants are little more than green chemists.
“I must go to nature disarmed of perspective and stretch myself like a large transparent canvas upon her in the hope that, my submission being perfect, the imprint of a beautiful and useful truth would be taken.”
~ John Updike, The Centaur
But you know that your body is only one aspect of you. What about your mind, your emotions and your spirit? Can herbs help you to heal these as well?
Yes, absolutely! You’re darn right they can!
I’ll bet that you’ve already felt it, the magic of plants. When you’re around plants, whether you’re in the garden, the park or the woods, you’ve likely had a moment when you heard a whisper or felt a special feeling that you suspected came from a plant.
And now you want to know how to consistently access the magic of plants to heal your spirit and touch your soul.
I invite you to join me for two fun-filled days in the beautiful forests of Pacific Spirit Park – Thurs/Fri July 6/7, 2017.
While there, you will learn how to…
- Communicate with plants so that you can connect and learn from the spirit of plants directly
- Maintain Right Relationship with plants so that you can develop Plant Allies and relationships that you can rely on
- Use your heart as an organ of perception to engage with, learn from and be healed by the plant world around you
- Develop Plant Allies that will help you find direction and provide insight into your personal struggles and growth
- Access the healing wisdom of local plants to sync your body, mind and spirit with the Laws of nature
- Use waking dreams (“dream journeys”) to connect with the spirit of herbs so that your unconscious mind can access the nonlinear ways that plants use to communicate
Some people have a natural sensitivity to communications from the living world. Others try to use hallucinogens, to varying degrees of success. But few people are able to make sense of what they learn on their own in order to be able to trust and successfully use these insights.
Doing this on your own isn’t the easiest path for most people.
Most people need three things to successfully connect with plants…
- Practice, and lots of it. These skills, while innate, are not strong in most of us. Like building a muscle, you need to work at it. Remember, it’s in you, it’s just atrophied.
- Guidance. Once you tune into the communications, they likely won’t make a lot of sense at first. You need to learn to understand the language of the plants. And that goes a lot faster with guidance from someone who’s already fluent in their way of communicating.
- And most importantly, Community. Doing this work with a group of people is by far the best way to make sense of what plants are sharing and to overcome the doubt that “you just made it up.” When you find that a group of people got something quite similar, you’ll move past doubt and develop discernment and true understanding.
You can learn the vocabulary of the plants – if you’re open to it.
“There is new life in the soil for every human. There is healing in the trees for tired minds and for our overburdened spirits, there is strength in the hills, if only we will lift up our eyes. Remember that Nature is your great restorer.” ~ Calvin Coolidge
Hi, I’m Garliq. And I’ve taught more than one hundred people how to connect with plants in this way over the last 7 years using many of the tools you’ll learn (and practice, repeatedly) in this weekend intensive. Out of all of those people, only two have reported that “they didn’t get anything” from these exercises. I want to be clear that this type of work isn’t for everyone. I can make no guarantees. But I can say that this work could change your life and even how you experience reality.
“This work has created within me a deeper sense of peace and connection to the earth – how I am a manifestation of other beings that have come before me. It has created a sense of wonder in the mysterious elegance of nature. It has awakened the intuition, spirit and creativity in me that has felt oppressed by all that is the concrete jungle.”
From this course, you’ll get…
- The Community Support you need to stay motivated, engaged and connecting deeply with the plants
- New Tools to sharpen your focus and increase your sensitivity so you can get more from your plant communications
- The Specialized Skills needed you for to go deep into the ecological restoration of yourself
- The Dedicated Time connecting with plants required to deepen your personal spiritual growth
- The Practices necessary to develop and trust your heart as an organ of perception
- 2-3 New Plant Allies (mostly trees!) to give you more confidence and choice when treating people with herbs
How the 2 Day Intensive Works…
We’ll spend the weekend outdoors in the incredibly beautiful Pacific Spirit Park (near UBC). Classes will run 9 am – 5 pm on Thursday & Friday, July 6 & 7 (with a 1 hour break for lunch each day).
The weekend will be filled with plant identification, guided meditations, solo time with specific medicinal plants and group time sharing your experiences and learning to make sense of them.
You’ll spend intimate connection time with three incredible medicinal plants over the two days…
- Black Cottonwood. Also known as “Balsam Poplar” and the “Balm of Gilead”
- Western Red Cedar. Also known as “the Tree of Life”
- Oregon Grape. Sometimes called “Mahonia”
** these are likely, but not set in stone. if you have a plant that you’d like to connect with and you know it’s in Pacific Spirit Park as part of this class, let me know.**
These three plants have been selected, not only because they’re some of my favourites, but because they each sooth and nourish the human spirit in distinct and profound ways. They are tremendous Plant Allies to have. And they’re abundant and easy to find, so you can continue to build your relationships without having to get out to some remote wilderness.
And for the Six students who sign up for the additional Personal Integration Tools …
You’ll get two great additions to complement the weekend.
First is a sample kit of handcrafted herbal remedies made with the plants you’ve connected with over the weekend. This way, you can bring your Plant Allies with you throughout your day. You’ll be able to call on them, use them, to stay connected and continue you building/deepening your relationship.
And second, you’ll also get a 1 hour Plant Wisdom Session with Garliq. In this one-on-one session, you’ll be be able to do one of two things. You can either share a personal struggle or health issue (physical, emotional or spiritual) that you’re dealing with to get Garliq’s suggestions about which local plants you could work with to provide healing, support or insight. OR, you can get specific coaching to help you hone your plant communication skills.
It’s a chance to take advantage of Garliq’s years of experience working with plant spirits of the Pacific Northwest that can help improve your health and your life.
This is the first time that I’ve put on a weekend intensive of this type, so I’m starting with an introductory rate (and hoping that you’ll have wonderful things to say about your experience that I can share in the future) …
Early Bird Pricing, until the end of day Fri. June 16th is …
$200 for the 2 Day Intensive & $300 with the additional Personal Integration Tools
Regular Price (after June 17) is …
$250 for the 2 Day Intensive & $350 with the Personal Integration Tools
A Quick Review of Healing with the Spirit of Herbs:
|14 hrs of training over two days, Thurs./Fri. July 6/7||
|Handout Booklet: Connecting with Plants, Exercises & Plant Folios||
|Handout e-booklet – a digital version so that you can put on your computer, tablet or phone||
|2 Audio files (mp3): a Drum Track so you can keep practicing Dream Journeys & a Grounding Meditation||
|2-3 New Plant Allies to aid your healing and growth||
|A Deeper Heart Connection with Plants and “Nature”||
|Access to an active and thriving community of herby-s who are passionate about connecting with plants||
|A Box of handcrafted herbal remedies of the plants from the weekend||
|A 1 hour, one-on-one Plant Wisdom Session with Garliq||
|Early Bird Discounted Price (by June 16)
Sign up early! Space is limited and will fill up quickly!
First – Fill out the Pre-Registration Form (below) telling me which walks you want to attend.
Second – Make your payment (instructions are in the form)
Got A Question?
Please send me an email using this form…